Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Close to Home

So as you know by now the Tornado that hit Suffolk, Va moved by my neighborhood around 4:40pm EST on Monday. I was setup in a prime location to capture the Tornado as it moved over Craney Island and the Elizabeth River, but as I watched the storm tracks on radar I started to think twice. I shut down and headed to pickup my daughter and get her home to safety around 4:20pm EST. The chaser in me said stay, this is the day you have been waiting for. The big one, the day of days. But the Dad in me kicked in and I and got out of there. I have been thinking about the raw video I would of captured if I was there when that backside of the storm I was filming moved into view. I have searched the Internet and finally found some still images of the waterspout over the river viewed from close to my filming location. Here they are....this is about 1 mile from my house.


SCM

1 comment:

Dewdrop said...

Though hard, I know you made the best decision. Family has to come first.